BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bulletin Boards

Well, teacher back-to-school week is over and come Monday, it's official "Back to School!" I am so exhausted from getting ready the last few weeks!! I decided to move into the classroom next door because it had windows. I didn't realize how much work it would really be!! It was worth it though and I am ready for the students on Monday!!

Our school has a meet the teacher night the Thursday before school starts. It's great because the students and their families can come to the school, meet their teacher, drop off there supplies, and release some of the first day anxiety that they may have! As a teacher, I enjoy it because sometimes it's the only time I may meet some of my students parents face to face! Our first grade team decided that we were going to do a Luau theme for Round-Up (that's what we call meet the teacher night). Here is the bulletin board that I completed using the Life is a Beach cricut cartridge. It was the last thing for me to do, so it's not as nice as I would have liked!


I used core'dinations paper for the letters. I then used my Tim Holtz wood embossing folder and then sanded the letters with my Stampin' Up! sanding block (item #103301) to show the core color. I loved how the letters looked! I also used other core'dinations papers for the crabs, fish, and sea shells.

Our school mascot is the Wildcat and our school colors are red, black, and white. I was so excited when Cricut came out with the Varsity cartridge! It is a bit confusing at first to use, but I eventually figured it out.


I cut the base with regular white cardstock and then inked the edges with Riding Hood Red classic stampin' ink (item # 111836) to give it a bit more contrast against the black fabric.

Bulletin Board Tip: fabric is the best background for your bulletin boards. It does not fade and can be used all year. I put black fabric up on my bulletin board just like this one last year and I left it up all year! It gives great contrast and provides a fade resistant back. The fabric also has a true black paper where the bulletin board paper is more muted and less dramatic.

If you have any questions, let me know!! Check back next week for more creative ideas! Thanks for looking

3 comments:

JillyPlot said...

What do you use to attach your fabric to the bulletin boards?

spring said...

We are required to use fire retardant on our fabric bulletin boards. Are you required to treat yours?

scrappingwest said...

I just staple the fabric to the board.

No, we do not have to use anything on our fabrics.