BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Birthday Cupcakes

Last year I used a cheesy birthday chart for displaying student birthdays in my classroom. This year I decided that I wanted to create something better! I was inspired by a fellow crafter at http://scrappychicteacher.blogspot.com/ to create monthly cupcakes for student birthdays.


I used the Doodlecharms cricut cartridge to creat the cupcakes. I used some Stampin' Up! retired and not retired papers for the icing. I ran them through the cuttlebug with the swirls embossing folder to add dimension to the icing. I used the Designer's Calendar cartridge for the month labels (these were perfect b/c they were already welded together and I could size them to fit onto the base of my cupcake perfectly!)


I used the candle from the Wild Card cartridge and cut it out on the colored paper and then again on the yellow. I cut off the bottom of the candle on the yellow paper and then layered it onto the colored candle. (I know the Gypsy has the hide/contour feature, but this candle image is one cut, not separate, so that's how I solved that problem).

They look so cute on the wall!! If you have any questions, please let me know!! Thanks for looking!!!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

so cutie pie! Love your take on it!

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

These are so stinkin' cute! I am looking to make these for my sister's future classroom. She will be graduating in December. I was wondering at what size the cupcakes were cut at? I want a general idea so I can start cutting. Thank you

scrappingwest said...

Thanks Danielle. I think they are about 5-6".

Danielle said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you sharing these cute cupcakes to spice up a classroom! I am certain she is going to love them!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Anonymous said...

How do you do the letterin?

cruzerja@yahoo.com

scrappingwest said...

I used designer calendar cricut cartridge for the months of the year.

Unknown said...

Is there a website you can find the lettering at? I love this

Donna Preston said...

Thank you so much for this great idea. Too cute! I put it together with some construction paper.

http://whattheteacherlearned.blogspot.com/2013/08/birthday-display.html